Back To Product
The Watersafe® Pesticide Test detects two of the most common pesticides used in the US at or below the EPA Maximum Contaminant Level (atrazine-3ppb and simazine-4 ppb)
Before you begin...
1. Keep tests out of reach of children and pets. Do not ingest anything from this test kit. Do not drink water sample used for testing. Store and use at room temperature (60-86 F).
2. Do not open packets or a vial until you are ready to perform the tests.
3. Do not use on hot water or water containing bleach detergents.
4. Do not re-use any part of the test kit.
5. Read and follow all instructions carefully.
Pesticide Test Instructions.
1. Open Watersafe® foil packet and take out all contents. The test kit contains one Pesticide Test strip, one sample vial, and one dropper pipette, as well as a desiccant packet (to be discarded).
2. Using dropper pipette, place water sample in the test vial. To pick up sample, tightly squeeze the bulb at the end of the pipette and place the open end into water sample. Release the bulb to pick up sample into vial. Use only one pipette-full of water. Swirl vial gently for several seconds. Place vial on a flat surface.
3. Place the Watersafe® test into test vial, with arrows pointing down.
4. Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb strip or vial during this time. Blue lines will appear on the strip.
5. Take the strip out of the vial and read results:Negative: The LEFT line (next to number 1) is darker than the RIGHT line (next to number 2)
If you only see the LEFT line (next to number 1), the test is negative)
Positive: The RIGHT line (next to number 2) is darker than the LEFT line (next to number 1), or lines are equally dark (Both LEFT and RIGHT lines are equally dark)
6. Note: If no lines appear, or both lines are very light, the test did not run properly and the result is not valid. If a test strip shows a positive result, your water sample may contain pesticides at a toxic level.